This blog chronicles the triumphs and trials of fiction writer Darius Jones.
I have published the following works:
- Breakpoint, a science fiction story with a cyberpunk flavor, was published in Kyanite Press Volume I, Issue 2 in November 2018.
- So You Found Me, a fantasy flash fiction piece, was published in issue 3 of Between Worlds Magazine in January 2017.
- Barabanchik, a story set in a Moscow train station in the 1990s, was published in Issue 4 of Sobotka Literary Magazine in July 2016.
- The Ghul of Yazd, an Orientalist horror short story was published in Issue 0 of Strangelet Journal in September 2014. I tracked the story’s rejections and final acceptance in the UnRejectionable Ghul section on this blog.
- The Hatchlings, a dark science fiction piece, was published on Fiction Vortex in August 2013. This was my first story that was “traditionally” published.
- The Man Who Ran from God, a historical novella, came out in 2013.
- The Library of Lost Books, a fantasy-surrealist novel, was published in 2012.
For what I’m working on now, see my Works in Progress.
You can also find me on:
- Twitter: @DariusJonesWrit. This is the best place to keep up with my day-to-day progress. I Tweet each time I write, edit or publish a new story. I also Tweet on literary topics or anything that moves me.
- Instagram: dariusjoneswrit. I have no idea why someone would want to view images from a writer, but, hey, it’s here if you want to check it out!
As for me, there’s not much to tell…Not yet…Maybe not ever. Let’s just say: I write fiction whenever I get a chance!
[UPDATED: October 2019]